Since our founding in 1998, Inclusion Matters by Shane’s Inspiration has become the world leader in inclusive playgrounds and programming.
Major Accomplishments Highlights:
- We have over 70 inclusive playground projects built and 75 in development on every habitable continent.
- We have designed and developed four playgrounds in partnership with the 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympics/Paralympics and Ronald McDonald House Charities in Canada and Russia.
- We are partners with Too Small To Fail and Landscape Structures Inc. in an initiative committed to promoting early childhood literacy by integrating literacy components into each of our playground designs.
- We have created 33 inclusive playgrounds in Los Angeles in partnership with the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks – making L.A. the most playable city in the world for children with disabilities.
- We have directly served nearly 40,000 students in over 150 schools through our social inclusion education program Together, We Are Able. This program has been ordered by educators in over 65 countries, on every continent.
- Our founders, Tiffany Harris and Catherine Curry-Williams were recognized in Los Angeles Magazine article, Game Changers: 50 Most Inspirational Women.
- We received the first “Heroes for Health Award” by Good Housekeeping Magazine and General Electric. A featured article in Good Housekeeping Magazine was followed by an interview with Matt Lauer on the “Today Show” and an awards ceremony at Carnegie Hall in New York City.
- Our founder, Catherine Curry-Williams was named one of ten “Women of Worth” by L’Oreal Paris in 2015 based on the accomplishments made by Inclusion Matters by Shane’s Inspiration.
Our playgrounds have received the following recognitions:
- “Best Playground” from Los Angeles Magazine’s “101 Things to Shout About” several years running
- L.A. Parent Award for Outstanding Playgrounds
- Architectural Landscape Design Award from the L.A. Business Council
- 12th Annual Access Award for Encouraging, Facilitating, and Promoting Equality for Persons with Disabilities 2003 from Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky and the Los Angeles County Commission on Disabilities
- Darrell McDaniel Award from the Independent Living Center of Southern California, Inc.
- California Parks and Recreation Society State Wide Facility Design, Special Purpose
- Bank of America 2005 Local Hero Award for Excellence for Facility Design
- Nickelodeon Parents Connect Best Playgrounds 2009
- International Interior Design Association Catalyst Award 2009
- International Interior Design Association Leadership Award of Excellence 2010
- Red Tricycle’s 2012 Totally Awesome Award for Prettiest Parks & Playgrounds
- Go To Bat Award 2012 – State Farm & Los Angeles Dodgers
- Los Angeles Business Journal “Nonprofit & Corporate Citizenship Awards” 2016 Finalist for Project Collaboration with Wells Fargo